And I was hooked.
Here is a list of my ten favorite episodes.
2. The Pack: I have to include this one on my list because Xander shows another side of himself. He gets cursed at the local zoo and hooks up with a bad gang of kids. The cool thing is he becomes their leader, and there is something about him. I didn't like Xander before this. The actor is good. I thought, this is a Xander I can get onboard with.
3. I Only Have Eyes for You: This one is definitely in my top ten. Ghosts of a teen boy and the teacher he was in love with inhabit the bodies of anyone around at the end of the school day. It leads to death each time until the ghosts possess Buffy and Angelus. LOVE it that there is a gender mix-up and the boy takes over Buffy while the woman takes Angelus. It ends in a kiss between Buffy and her former lover... until Angelus realizes what he's doing. He thrusts her away from him with an angry growl.
4. Band Candy: Have to put this here because Giles and Buffy's mom get their hands on band candy. It takes away their inhibitions and they start acting like teens again. Giles is a rebel without a clue, but kind of sexy. Buffy has to keep her eyes on them, but she doesn't do a very good job. They have relations on a police car. LOL. They are so embarrassed later that they can't even look at each other.
5. The Zeppo: I am adding this one because we follow Xander instead of the gang. They are dealing with something big, and he's just trying to stay alive. The others think they have to protect Xander, so they warn him to stay away and won't listen when he tries to tell them about the trouble he is in. Xander winds up saving the day (and the world), but I don't think anyone ever finds out.
6. Hush: One of the best. Monsters steal the voices of everyone in Sunnydale. Love the way the gang still manages to communicate. I could tell (most of the time) what they wanted to say by their expressions. Good work, guys.
7. Something Blue: Willow accidentally puts a spell on everyone. Spike and Buffy think they are in love and want to get married. That made this episode one of the funniest I have seen.
8. The Body: Sort of hate this one, but it was so well done, so hard not to watch. Buffy comes home and finds her mother done. Sarah Michelle Gellar shows what a phenomenal actress she is right here. "Mom? Mom? MOM?" Then she cries, "Mommy!?"
9. Once More with Feeling: They sing! Some of them aren't that good, but Spike was unbelievably good. Buffy had some good tunes. I really enjoyed this one. Got a good laugh when Xander thought he was going to have to marry a demon. Haha.
10. Tabula Rasa: Willow accidentally steals their memories away. All of them. Such a funny episode. Spike and Giles think they are father and son. Buffy doesn't know who she is, so she picks the name Rose. Anya and Giles think they are married. Demons attack and all hell breaks loose. But I was laughing the whole time.
When I looked over the list of Buffy episodes, I was torn. There are SO many good ones, so many that I love watching. I had to leave out when Spike first appeared and when Buffy killed Angel and when Anya looked like she got killed. I also didn't include the ending, which I loved, because I ran out of room.
What are your favorite episodes?