Today, we are talking about my all-time favorite show. SUPERNATURAL!
Here are the Top Ten Things Only a Supernatural Fan Will Understand:
- Salt and burn. This has become a regular part of our vocabulary. How many times do you suppose this was said during the series? I really miss seeing these guys digging up graves. 😊
That’s a weird thing to say. Haha. But I do.
- Pie! Poor Dean. He rarely got to eat his pie. Remember when he was about to take a bite and Sam dropped chicken feet right next to him on the table? And how many times did Sam forget to get Dean pie? I remember when he got cake instead and tried to convince Dean that it was just as good. Eye-roll. I think Sam did it on purpose. But Dean finally got to enjoy some pie when his mother returned from the dead. She served pie for dessert, and he inhaled it.
- Pig in a poke. This was one of my favorite episodes. Dean dies over a hundred times. My favorite was when he asked, “Does this taco taste funny to you?” The first time I watched the episode I was thinking that if I was Sam, I’d be tempted to shoot Dean when he starts to repeat the same lines he has said for the last dozen Tuesdays. But then I thought, nope. Better not do that because whatever was happening could stop, and Dean would stay dead.
- Garthed. Garth is one of my favorite reappearing characters. I’m with Bobby on this. I don’t understand how Garth survived for so long. He was puny, and he hunted alone. Every time we saw him on a case with Sam and Dean, he got knocked out.
6. I lost my shoe. Another of my favorite episodes. Poor Sam got cursed, and he kept having issues. LOL. He lost his shoe. And Dean wasn’t very sympathetic. Sam fell while running at one point, and Dean looks annoyed.
7. Gank. I don’t know if this is a real word or if they just made it up for the show. At one point Dean travels back in time to the old gunslinger days. He sure looked happy. Then he told someone that he was going to gank the bad guy. “Gank? What is gank?” So funny. That was a good episode.
8.Pudding! This is from when they were in the mental hospital. A wraith touched them and made them both a little crazy. They got caught somewhere they weren’t supposed to be, and Dean dropped his pants. He yelled, “Pudding!” Makes me laugh every time. And I loved the look on their faces when the doctor said they have an unhealthy codependency on each other and need to be separated. But that’s one of the things we love about them.
9.Idgit! How many times did we hear Bobby say this word? Almost as many times as we heard him say, “Balls!” Haha
10.Dad went on a hunting trip, and he hasn’t been home in a few days. The words that started it all. Years later, they had an episode about a hunter missing, and her daughter calls for help. Dean doesn’t want to go. He has other things on his mind. Then Sam puts it in a way that Dean can understand. “Their mom is on a hunting trip, and she hasn’t been home in a few days.”
Do you know of any words or phrases that only a Supernatural fan would say that I didn’t mention? Let us know in the comments. This is my favorite show. I’m not kidding. I binge this every year, and I can probably quote almost all the episodes line for line. If you’re a huge fan and miss the show, let me know if the comments.
And if you enjoy these Top Ten lists, share them. Do you know any Supernatural fans? Share this on FB or on Twitter so more people will come in here to read the lists. I’ll keep making these as long as people are responding. If no one seems to be reading them, I’ll stop at some point and do something else.
I love to talk about Supernatural. Do you? Let’s talk about it.
Remember to check back here next week for Top Ten Tuesday!!